This page will be updated with scholarship information as applications become available. Check back here often for the latest opportunities.
ATT oxyGEN Scholarship - Deadline Feb. 28th
2018 Scholarship Criteria:
- Applicants are eligible regardless of major or area of study.
- Applicants who meet all criteria, including AT&T employees and their family, are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must enroll in an accredited (2-year or 4-year) undergraduate program within the U.S. for the 2018-2019 year.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Applications accepted online through February 28, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET. For more information or to apply for the 2018 Scholarship, please click here.
Ft Hood Area Military Family Member Scholarship Fund-Deadline March 2nd
HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS (2017-2018 high school seniors, those who hold a valid high school equivalent for the current school year, or those who graduate before the end of the year in which the scholarship is awarded).
1. The dependent child of an active duty U.S. military sponsor assigned to Fort Hood and both sponsor and applicant reside in Bell, Coryell, Lampasas or Williamson County; or
2. The dependent child of an active duty U.S. military sponsor whose last duty assignment wasFort Hood and both sponsor and applicant reside in Bell, Coryell, Lampasas or WilliamsonCounty; or
3. The dependent child of an active duty U.S. military sponsor whose last duty assignment wasFort Hood and applicant resides in Bell, Coryell, Lampasas or Williamson County while sponsor is on a non-command sponsored assignment on orders; or
4. The dependent child of an active duty retired U.S. military sponsor whose last duty
assignment was Fort Hood and applicant resides in Bell, Coryell, Lampasas or WilliamsonCounty; or
5. The dependent child of a deceased member of the U.S. military forces whose last duty assignment was Fort Hood and applicant resides in Bell, Coryell, Lampasas or Williamson County.
RRISD Partners in Education Foundation - Deadline, March 6th
This site offers several scholarships. Deadline for all scholarships is March 6th.
Maggie Sloan Scholarship-Deadline March 9th
The Capitol Area Educational Diagnostician Association (CAEDA) chapter of the Texas Educational Diagnostician Association (TEDA) is awarding a $1000 scholarship to a deserving special education high school student. The scholarship is awarded to special education students who plan to attend any Post Secondary training education (e.g., welding or cosmetology etc) or College/University. The deadline to apply is March 9, 2018. The scholarship application can be downloaded here.
El Amistad Scholarships-Deadline March 16th
Visit http://www.elamistadclub.org/scholarships-3/ for more information.
Cactus Ranch Elementary Scholarship-Deadline March 16th
Cactus Ranch Elementary will award two $1000.00 scholarships to students who graduated from the 5th grade at Cactus Ranch Elementary. Follow the Cactus Ranch Scholarship Application link to apply.
Prospective Educator Scholarship Application-Deadline, March 21st
Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) Chapter 12 at the University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) annually awards scholarships to seniors attending an Austin area public high school who intend to attend college in Texas, major in education, and ultimately teach in Texas public schools. The completed application must be submitted either electronically or by mail to the following PDK Chapter 12 Scholarship Representative no later than March 21, 2018. Do NOT send the application to your school or to PDK International headquarters.
Williamson County Association of REALTORS Scholarship - Deadline March 23rd
Download the Williamson County Association of REALTORS Scholarship Application. The deadline to apply is March 23, 2018.
Professional Women of Williamson County Scholarship - Deadline March 23
The Professional Women of Williamson County annually awards at least 1 – $500 – $1,000 traditional scholarship and at least 1 – $500 – $1,000 non-traditional scholarship. The traditional scholarship is awarded to a Williamson County female high school student entering her first year of college or a state certification program. The non-traditional scholarship is awarded to a female resident of Williamson County pursuing a professional degree program or a state certification program. The application can be downloaded here. The deadline for the application is March 23, 2018. The details can be found on the application.
Noel Grisham Scholarship-Deadline March 23rd
Noel Grisham was RRISD Superintendent from 1957-1979 and helped lay the foundation for RRISD to become the academically successful district it is today. As Superintendent, Grisham oversaw the consolidation of RRISD and Pond Springs School District—located on the west side of Round Rock—and the construction of more than ten of the district’s schools. Following his exit from public education, Grisham served as the representative of District 52 in the Texas House of Representatives. During the 1983 state legislative session, Grisham served on the House Committee on Public Education.
Each year the RRISD Council of PTAs awards one senior from each high school, including SUCCESS High School a $500 scholarship. The application can be downloaded here.
Texas Telephone Association Scholarship - Deadline March 30th
The Texas Telephone Association Foundation (TTAF), a non-profit, philanthropic organization founded to help further the understanding of telephony and advance telecommunications as a career choice, will award six, four-year scholarships, in the amount of $2,000 per year to students entering college for the 2018-2019 school year. Scholarship deadline is March 30, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- U.S. Citizen
- Student graduating from a Texas high school no later than June 2018
- Student achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (out of a possible 4.0)
- Student planning to attend a Texas college or university by the Fall of 2018
- A completed application postmarked no later than March 30, 2018, including a current transcript
- A letter of acceptance from a Texas college or university where student has been accepted
- Copy of student’s SAR (Student Aid Report)
- Do not send incomplete applications. Do not send additional information to be added to your applications once the original application has been sent.
Special consideration will be given to students who will be pursuing a college degree in fields of study which are of particular interest to telecommunications (such as math, business, education, technology, engineering, and computer science, etc.). The courses of study in high school, extracurricular/civic activities and demonstrated leadership will also be considered. In addition, special consideration will be given to students who have established financial need.
Download Application and Guidelines here.
Vinson & Elkins Scholarship - Deadline April 1, 2018
The Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. Scholarship Foundation will award $10,000 scholarships with paid summer internship opportunities to achieving high school seniors who are members of a racial/ethnic group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession (Black/African American, Asian (including South Asian), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander and/or identify as a member of the LGBT community in the greater Austin, Dallas and Houston areas. These seniors must be interested in a career in law, be in the top 20% standing in their class with a minimum combined SAT score of 1100 or ACT score of 22, and demonstrate a financial need to attend college. For complete information on eligibility and requirements visit The Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. Scholarship Foundation website.
We would like to receive qualified scholarship applications from your school by April 1, 2018. It is mandatory that all candidates meet the listed criteria, and that all documentation is attached to the application. Only qualified students will be considered. The scholarship recipients will be selected by the end of May 2018.
International Prospective Educator Scholarship-Deadline, April 1st
The PDK Educational Foundation awards more than 30 scholarships each year to prospective educators, with awards ranging from $500 to $2000. These scholarships are funded through the generosity of donors. PDK uses one application for all Prospective Educator Scholarships. See the PDK Flyer for more information.
- Applications open January 2, 2018.
- The application deadline is April 2, 2018.
Visit the PDK International Website for eligibility, types of awards and scholarship application link.
SACAC Extend The Dream Scholarships-Deadline April 15th
In 2011, SACAC (Southern Association for College Admission Counseling) initiated Extend the Dream Scholarships to recognize and reward deserving students. This scholarship is awarded based on financial need, academic achievement and community service. Awards are in the amount of $1,000 and are not renewable. The Extend the Dream Student Scholarship is provided through funds from the Southern Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior graduating from a public, private, parochial high school or home school located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or the Caribbean.
- Applicant must be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited, non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college in the fall following his/her graduation.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.75 grade point average for grades 9-12.
- Applicant must have financial need.
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to community service, social justice issues and/or leadership qualities.
- Applicant must submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, a student must submit the application along with the following supplemental information:
- A high school transcript which includes coursework and grades for 9-12 as well as cumulative GPA; ACT/SAT score(s) – scores will be accepted from high school transcript or copy of student score report
- Essay typed and double-spaced (2 pages maximum) that includes the following:
- A brief biographical sketch
- your desire to attend college
- future career aspirations
- recent community service
- social justice work and/or demonstrated leadership ability
- why you deserve to be a recipient of the SACAC Extend the Dream Scholarship
- One letter of recommendation (teacher/principal, employment supervisor, community service organization leader, pastor)
- A copy of page 1 of Student Aid Report (SAR). This SAR is the report received from the U.S. Department of Education after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you have any questions, please email co-chairs Melissa Cline and Kristin Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click APPLY for The 2018 Extend the Dream application. The deadline to apply is Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Austin Community College Scholarship Applications
Visit https://austincc.academicworks.com/ for information on various scholarships offerred. Deadlines vary.
WGU Scholarships-Deadlines Vary
New students enrolled at WGU are eligible for scholarships. Visit the NewYear, New You Scholarship page for eligibility and application.